When many users determine the power of UPS, due to the financial difficulties and lack of understanding of UPS power supply, they often choose the power of ups from the current capacity of equipment in the computer room, which will lead to the same or slightly larger power capacity of ups and load. In fact, it is unwise to make such a choice. When choosing UPS power supply, it is necessary to determine the UPS power supply that meets the needs according to its own grid conditions, power consumption environment, natural environment, special requirements of electrical equipment, application and maintenance level and other factors. It is suggested that users determine the selected UPS power from the following aspects.
1. Determine the type of UPS required
1) According to the requirements of load on output stability, switching time and output waveform, online, online interactive, backup, sine wave and square wave ups are selected. The output stability and instantaneous response ability of On-line UPS are better than the other two, and the adaptability to nonlinear load and inductive load is also stronger. On line ups is required for some more precise and important equipment. In some areas where the fluctuation range of power supply is relatively large, the interactive type and backup type should be avoided. If you want to use generator with short delay UPS, online UPS is recommended.
2) As the basic power supply equipment, the most important thing of UPS is its reliability. Generally speaking, the MTBF of higher power UPS is much higher than that of lower power ups. Therefore, the ups with higher power should be selected from the view of reliability.
3) From the perspective of investment cost or capacity expansion, it is suggested that users should make one-time investment according to the construction funds and business development in the next 3-5 years, or choose UPS products that can be upgraded and expanded while growing, so as to avoid the loss of repeated investment caused by insufficient funds or inadequate business development forecast.
2. Determine the required UPS capacity
If there is no special industry standard requirement, it is suggested to consider the following scheme:
1) Calculate the sum of all loads (s = S1 + S2 +...) +SN), unit: VA; capacity of ups ≥ s △ 0.8 (considering the impact resistance and expansion needs of UPS)
2) The backup full load power supply time shall not be less than 30 minutes.
After determining the power value of UPS, the standby time of UPS should also be considered: standard type, the standby time is 5-10 minutes; long delay, the standby time is 1-8 hours, to ensure long-term operation; any configuration can be customized according to the special needs of users.
3. Consider the performance of power-off protection and battery backup time
UPS can be divided into standard type and long delay type according to standby time. The standby time of standard UPS is 5-15 minutes, and that of long-term UPS is 1-8 hours, even longer. If your equipment is out of power, you just need to save and exit. It is recommended to use standard ups. If your equipment is out of power and still needs to run for a long time, you should use long-term ups.
4. Additional functions
In order to improve the reliability of the system, it is recommended to use UPS hot backup system, which can consider series hot backup or parallel hot backup. Small capacity UPS (1 ~ 2KVA) can also choose redundant switch. The remote monitoring panel can be selected to monitor and control the ups remotely. Monitoring software can be selected to realize intelligent management between computer and UPS. The network adapter can be selected to realize the network management of UPS (based on SNMP). In some rainy and thunder areas, it can be equipped with lightning protection device. We should also consider whether we can protect the network usage and external devices. Because the peripherals are more and more complete (such as printers, scanners), this part of the equipment also needs to be protected. Whether it has the function of cable surge protection and data line surge protection? Whether it can automatically shut down the system when no one is on duty? In addition, because the ups of the user's commercial desktop is mostly placed beside him, the design style and manufacturing process of the product also need to be considered.
5. Service capability
Each user's network characteristics and power environment are different, and the requirements of power protection also change. Users may encounter different problems when using UPS. They want to purchase products and services that are completely suitable for the actual needs, and they are concerned about the short-term and long-term return rate and investment risk of equipment investment. The reality is that the vast majority of users lack professionals in this area, so the high-quality service system and active service attitude have become an important factor that users must consider when purchasing Shanpu UPS power supply.